Ask these questions to make sure a personal trainer will meet your needs:
- Is the trainer certified?
- How much experience does the trainer have?
- Does the trainer specialize in a certain clientele? Some work primarily with seniors or pregnant women or people with specific injuries or health problems.
- How does the trainer structure fees, and how much are they?
- How does the trainer customize your exercise regimen to your situation?
- Do you like the trainer? Be sure to check his or her references.
Remember: No matter how good the trainer is, it’s up to you to complete the workouts, including those mapped out for you to do solo on the days you don’t meet.