To save money when buying auto insurance, consider this:
1) Make sure your liability coverage is rock solid.
2) Consider dropping collision and/or comprehensive coverage on older cars.
3) Bundle up: Many insurance companies will offer a discount if you buy two or more types of insurance from them.
4) By requesting a higher deductible, you can lower your annual premium cost dramatically.
5) Ask your local agent for a list of available discounts, such as for taking a defensive driving course, carpooling and being a good student.
6) Maintain good credit: Believe it or not, it matters. Research shows that people with good credit make fewer claims.